To see University SyllabusClick Here
Rules & Regulations
- Student’s performance for a particular semester will be evaluated through continuous class assessment and end semester examination.
- The continuous class assessment will be based upon class tests, assignments/tutorials, quizzes/viva-voce and attendance.
- The marks for continuous class assessment (Sessional marks) shall be awarded at the end of the semester.
- The end semester examination shall be comprised of written papers, practicals and viva-voce, course work in classes and laboratories, project work, design reports or by means of any combination of these methods.
- The distribution of marks for Sessional, end semester theory papers, practical’s and other examinations, seminar, project, industrial training and general proficiency shall be as prescribed by the University ordinance.
- The marks obtained in a subject shall consist of marks allotted in end semester theory paper, practical examination and Sessional work.
- The minimum pass marks in each theory subject (including Sessional marks) shall be 40% with a minimum of 30% marks in each theory paper in the end semester examination.
- If there is no provision of Sessional marks in any subject, the minimum pass marks in that subject shall be 30% in the end semester examination.
- The minimum pass marks in a project/practical subject (including Sessional marks if any) shall be 50%.
- A candidate, in order to pass, must secure 50% marks in the aggregate in a particular academic year inclusive of both semesters of the academic year subjected to conditions as clause 9.2(a).
- The minimum pass marks in Seminar, Industrial Training and Educational Tour, Viva-Voce etc. shall be 50%
Rules to be followed by Students during Internal Examination
- No late entries will be entertained during the examination duration. All the students appearing for the examination have to report 10 minutes before the commencement of the examination (i.e. latest by 9:20 AM) in the examination hall.
- Under very special condition a relaxation of 15 minutes can be provided after obtaining permission from the examination department.
- Any student caught with mobiles during the examination duration will get the mobiles from their respective HODs after they submit a written application and the paper in which the mobile is caught will be considered as UFM Case.
- No student will be permitted to leave the examination room before the scheduled time i.e. for morning shift not before 11:30 AM and for evening shift not before 4:00 PM
Rules to be followed by Staff Members/Faculty Members during Internal Examination
- All the staff/faculty members should note that they should not permit any student in the internal examination room if he/she is not in proper uniform with Identity Card.
- No late entries should be entertained during the examination duration.
- All the staff/faculty members are to be strict and they have to be very sure that in any case no student should be permitted to appear for examination after 9:30 AM for the morning shift and after 2:00 PM for the evening shift.
- A student can be permitted only in that condition if he has obtained a signed application from the examination cell.
- UFM Cases and cases of students carrying mobiles during examination must be duly reported.
- All the staff/faculty members have to report sharply in examination cell positively by 9:05 AM (for morning shift) and by 1:35 PM (for evening shift) so that they can reach the examination room by 9:20 AM (for morning shift) and by 1:50 PM (for evening shift) definitely.
Award of Sessional Marks
Award of Practical Marks
- College conduct two sessional exams and one Pre University test for students.
- Make-up test may be held only for those students who could not appear in any one of mid-term class tests due to genuine reasons for which the prior permission from the Head of Institution/College was taken. Make up test shall ordinarily be held about two weeks before the semester examination. The syllabus for the make-up test shall be as decided.
- Student will be marked “ABSENT” if he has not given any sessional exam including PUT. No request in this regards will be entertained.