ITSEC Newsletter "Reflection" MBA
Reflection, Vol 1, 2020
FROM THE DESK OF THE H.O.D. (MBA DEPARTMENT)
Since 2009, Department of MBA has been imparting quality education to students through highly qualified and learned faculty members. We offer various specializations like Marketing, Finance, Human Resource and International business and IT for our students in second year.
Today, Global business environment is undergoing radical changes. The Global Economy, External Environment, Big Data, Digitalization, E-commerce and the Millennial Consumers buying behavior is changing definition of business world. ITS Engineering college has experienced and young full time faculty in all functional areas of management who are engaged in teaching, research and outreach activities. We also have faculty from other departments/Institute and visiting faculty from the industries that add values to our program. Our institute provides academic independence, opportunities for research / consulting and freedom to explore new expertise for faculty.
Our campus vibrates with various Seminars, Workshops, Conferences, Expert talk and other co-curricular activities related to all functions of management. It helps our students to get insight into their self and their soul, choose their lives priorities and materialize their loving dreams.
PDP’s are conducted for students to enhance their managerial skills, aptitude, attitude, inner capabilities, advanced knowledge and team spirit to get work done through others. We have been striving for excellence in academics, research and cultural activities, human values, moral ethics to our students for their holistic development. The education and exposure that the students gain during two years make confident to join the Corporate and face the challenges of the Corporate World. We have huge network of our alumni’s serving on different positions in Public sector, Private sector and MNC’s. They also help our new budding mangers to get higher platform for their careers.
I welcome all management students to explore, synergize and experience the journey of quality management education directed towards Innovation, Leadership, Startups and Entrepreneurship.
Dr. Sunita Shukla
DEPARTMENT OF MBA
Department of MBA at I.T.S Engineering College offers full time two year programme, Master of Business Administration(MBA). The Programme is approved by AICTE and affiliated to Dr. A. P. J. Abdul Kalam Technical University, Lucknow. The course offers specialization in various areas of Management like Marketing, HR, Finance, International Business, etc. The department has a team of highly motivated and dedicated faculty to the cause of academics and striving to do the best in the interest of the students and nation building as a whole. The Department provides regular Industry and academia interface through Expert talk, Seminars and Conferences, focused on developing personality, analytical skills and communication skills.
It may be seen that we are not just running MBA Programme, but we are making our students fit and confident in all respect and changing his/her entire personality so that he/she will get a good job before passing out from this college.
Vision of MBA department
To be a preferred choice as a management department that imparts quality management education to produce globally relevant and socially conscious business leaders and entrepreneurs.
Mission of MBA Department
Mission of MBA Department
- To provide quality education that helps in producing creative and competent professionals.
- To provide opportunities to understand contemporary global management practices through industry academia interface.
- To involve students in social projects to turn them into conscious business leaders.
- To inculcate lifelong learning attitude in students to make them successful and effective problem solvers of the dynamic business environments across borders.
- To make MBA department a learning and agile centre to nurture the spirit of innovation and entrepreneurship among the students and faculty.
MBA Program Educational Objectives
- Analytical skills for effective decision making and resolving business problems.
- Indian and Global competitive environment and business practices.
- Collaborative working.
- Team work and leadership skills.
- Effective Business/professional Communication Skills.
- Entrepreneurial skills.
- Ethical, social and legal conscientiousness of the organization.
MBA Program Outcomes
PO1: ENGINEERING KNOWLEDGE: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization for the solution of complex engineering problems.
PO2: PROBLEM ANALYSIS: Identify, formulate, research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences.
PO3: DESIGN/DEVELOPMENT OF SOLUTIONS: Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for public health and safety, and cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
PO4: CONDUCT INVESTIGATIONS OF COMPLEX PROBLEMS: The problems:
· that cannot be solved by straightforward application of knowledge, theories and techniques applicable to the engineering discipline.
· that may not have a unique solution.
· that requires consideration of appropriate constraints/requirements not explicitly given in the problem statement.
· which need to be defined (modeled) within appropriate mathematical framework.
· that often require use of modern computational concepts and tools.
PO5: MODERN TOOL USAGE: Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools, including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities, with an understanding of the limitations.
PO6: ENGINEER AND SOCIETY: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
PO7: ENVIRONMENT AND SUSTAINABILITY: Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
PO8: ETHICS: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
PO9: INDIVIDUAL AND TEAM WORK: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
PO10: COMMUNICATION: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with the society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
PO11: PROJECT MANAGEMENT AND FINANCE: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
PO12: LIFE-LONG LEARNING: Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.
- Tarun Sharma and Abhishek Singh, students of MBA 2nd year presented their business model “Self Sustainable Portable Homes” in StartUp Conclave 2019 held at IMS Ghaziabad on February 16, 2019.
- Nidhi Goel, student of MBA 2nd Year, presented her project titled “Recruitment and selection in DS Group with reference to mouth freshener and Confectionary” at ITS Management College, Ghaziabad, on September 21, 2019.
- 16 students of MBA completed their NPTEL Certification in April 2019.
- 4 students of MBA completed their NPTEL Certification in November 2019.
- Imran Siddiqui of MBA I year presented his startup plan at Startup Weekend held during September 14-15, 2019, at ITS Engg. College, Greater Noida. His startup plan was ranked among top 10 positions during the event.
- Madhu Singh and Vashu Panwar of MBA presented their paper titled “A Comparative Study on Centennials Perception about Food Industry Rivals – Swiggy and Zomato” at International Conference on Marketing held at ITS Engg. College, Greater Noida, on April 5, 2019. The paper secured 3rd position at the event.
- Himanshu Shekhar and Rahul Ranjan of MBA presented their paper titled “A Comparative Study between Marketing Strategies of Ola and Uber” at International Conference on Marketing held at ITS Engg. College, Greater Noida, on April 5, 2019. The paper secured 3rd rank at the event.
- 11 students of MBA won 3rd prize at annual fest UDGOSH 2019 held at ITS Engg. College on March 28, 2019.
Events and Activities of Department of MBA
National Seminar on “Future of FinTech: Innovative Business Model for Financial Inclusion”
Visit to News 18 at Film City, Noida
Expert Talk by Mr. Nikit Sharma
Regional Seminar on “Investor Education”
Industrial visit to ICD Tughalkabad, 28th September 2019
"MarkTech” 2019 International Conference on Marketing on Marketing to Centennials in Digital World” on 5th April 2019.
"MarkTech” 2019 International Conference on Marketing on Marketing to Centennials in Digital World” on 5th April 2019.
INTERNATIONAL/NATIONAL RESEARCH PUBLICATIONS
- PROF. PARUL AGGARWAL, “GREEN HRM: AN APPROACH TOWARDS SUSTAINABILITY” in INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF ADVANCE AND INNOVATIVE RESEARCH, Issue VOL 6, 2 (IV), 6th April 2019, ISSN 2394 – 7780
- DR. SUNITA SHUKLA, “TEACHING MANGEMENT GRADUATE: BALANCING LEARNINGSTYLE AND TEACHING METHODOLOGY WITH FLIPPED CLASSROOM”, in REVIEW OF PROFESSIONAL MANAGEMENT, VOL 17, 1, 18-26 JAN-JUN, 2019, ISSN 0972-8686 ONLINE ISSN 2455-0647
- PROF. SACHIN SNHA, “TECHNOLOGICAL ADVANCEMENT: A KEY FOR BAKING DEVELOPMENT IN INDIA”, at IMS, Ghaziabad
- DR. KAMAL GUPTA, “INVESTMENT PERFORMANCE & RISK ADJUSTED MEASURES: AN EMPIRICAL STUDY ON OPEN ENDED EQUITY SCHEMES”, in BI-ANNUAL INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF BUSINESS EXCELLENCE & RESEARCH, VOL 1, 1, JUNE 2019
- Dr. Sunita Shukla presented her paper titled "Impact of workplace happiness on employee engagement: A comparative study of IT and Non- IT sector" in International Conference On HAPPINESS AND PERFORMANCE MANAGEMENT IN MODERN GLOBALISED BUSINESS SCENARIO, 2019 (HPMMGBS-2019) at Rukmini Devi Institute of Advanced Studies, IP University, In Association With Gedu College of Business Studies, Royal University of Bhutan, held on December 21-22, 2019
- Prof. Sana Vakeel presented her paper titled "Impact of workplace happiness on employee engagement: A comparative study of IT and Non- IT sector" in International Conference On HAPPINESS AND PERFORMANCE MANAGEMENT IN MODERN GLOBALISED BUSINESS SCENARIO, 2019 (HPMMGBS-2019) at Rukmini Devi Institute of Advanced Studies, IP University, In Association With Gedu College of Business Studies, Royal University of Bhutan, held on December 21-22, 2019
FACULTY DEVELOPMENT PROGRAMS/SEMINARS/WORKSHOP ATTENDED
- FDP ON “FINANCIAL ACCOUNTING STANDARDS” at PGDAV College New Delhi, SACHIN SINHA, MBA Department, 6-12th August 2019.
- International Conference “MARKTECH 2019” attended by all faculty members of department of MBA, 05th April 2019.
- National Seminar on Finance attended by all faculty members of department of MBA, 15th November 2019
- Workshop on Digital Marketing attended by all faculty members of department of MBA, 10th April 2019
- PROF. PARUL AGGARWAL successfully completed COURSERA course on “INTERNATIONAL LEADERSHIP & ORGANIZATIONAL BEHAVIOUR (PURSUING), 2019.
- DR. KAMAL GUPTA successfully completed NPTEL course on “BUSINESS ANALYSIS USING R”, 2019.
- DR. SUNITA SHUKLA successfully completed NPTEL course on “PRINCIPLES OF HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGEMENT”, 2019.
- PROF. SACHIN SINHA successfully completed NPTEL course on “FINANCIAL INSTITUTIONS AND MARKET”, 2019.
- PROF. PARUL AGGARWAL successfully completed NPTEL course on “PERFORMANCE & REWARD MANAGEMENT”, 2019.
- DR. SUNITA SHUKLA successfully completed NPTEL course on “DESIGN THINKING A PRIMER”, 2019.
- Prof. Sana Vakeel successfully completed NPTEL course on 'Marketing Research and Analysis' in November 2019.
Alumni Details (2019)
Companies visited for MBA Placement:
NewGen IEDC at ITS Engineering College is an organization geared towards speeding up the growth and success of startup and early stage companies. NewGen IEDC has a mission to “promote knowledge based and technology-driven start-ups by harnessing young minds and their innovation potential in an academic environment” In view of this, the National Science & Technology Entrepreneurship Development (NSTEDB), Department of Science & Technology (DST), has taken an initiative of introducing this scheme for setting up “New Generation Innovation & Entrepreneurship Development Centers (NewGen IEDCs)” being implemented by Entrepreneurship Development Institute of India (EDII), Ahmedabad.In this initiative DST is providing a grant of Rs. 2.87 cr over a period of 5 year.
With the establishment of NewGen IEDC, ITS Engineering College, Undergraduate students, Post graduate students, doctoral students, alumni and faculties at NewGen IEDC, ITS Engineering College would be entertained to convert their business ideas into successful commercial or social ventures.
NewGen IEDC, ITS Engineering College offers integrated, customized Innovation-Based Incubation support services for potential high investable entrepreneurs and enterprises. It scouts for innovative entrepreneurs, builds on ideation leading to develop a business concepts, provides skills and competencies trough capacity building/ training programs towards building effective enterprises.
We at NewGen IEDC, ITS Engineering College, often provide a good path to capital from angel investors, state governments, economic-development coalitions and other investors. At NewGen IEDC, ITS Engineering College, your business not only gets access to a potential buffet of capital choices, but also a host of intangible benefits including mentorship, expertise and networking.
For those entrepreneurs who have just launched out and are running into roadblocks, we offer integrated support services through our network of national and international service providers in the space of know-how and technology, business development and linkages with strategic partners/mentors. We also offer a unique combination of impact investor and venture capital support in accelerator facilitation. Regulatory, financial and administrative help form part of the services, and networking opportunities with potential investors, practitioners and collaborators are endless.