Objectives of the Scheme
· To create a sustainable design ecosystem for the MSME sector through continuous learning and skill development with the students.
· To promote use of design by MSMEs and students for developing products and services that are market led.
· To focus on building the design capability of Students and MSMEs to enable them to improve business performance as well as compete in the global market.
- Applicability of project funding is to an individual MSME or a group of MSMEs coming together
- A Design Company/ Academic Institutions will visit the unit and scrutinize all designs relevant fields & will suggest next steps to be taken
- Project Proposal to be prepared and to be submitted to Design Clinic Centre for consideration
- Mobilization and co-ordination workshop for MSME officials. Seminar / Workshops (including need assessment survey)
- ·Promotional Activities such as Orientation programme for stake holders, Study on Global Practices & Design Clinic Programme of other countries and National Level Workshop, etc
- Implemented through National Institute of Design (DIPP Institution)
Brief Major Activities Taken Under the Scheme
1. Design Awareness- Seminars & Workshop Design Seminars: One day seminar covering design related topics to sensitize MSME’s about the usage of design in various facets of their industry. (GOI contribution Rs. 60,000/- per programme).
• Total time allocated for each workshop is 3 - 5 days.
• One day will be spent in visiting Cluster & understanding issues concerned with cluster. Thereafter there will be training on design clinic solution delivered by an expert or a group of experts in an interactive manner. (GOI contribution Rs. 3.75 lakh per programme).
2. Design Projects – Professional Design Projects & Students Design Projects
To facilitate MSMEs to develop new Design strategies and or design related products and services through project interventions and consultancy. (GoI contribution @ 75% for micro, 60% for SMEs for the project range Rs. 15 lakh to Rs. 40 lakh.)
Students Design Projects:
Students in the final year under UG/PG programmes from institutions recognized by design clinic centre are eligible under this activities for the project work done for respective MSMEs. (GOI contribution @ 75% for the project cost of Rs. 2 lakh