Design Clinic, MSME
Objectives of the scheme
Design Clinic Scheme for Design Expertise to MSME manufacturing sector.
· To create a sustainable design eco system for the MSME sector through continuous learning and skill development Bring the industrial design fraternity closer to the MSME Sector .
· Develop an institutional base for the industry’s design requirement.
· Increase the awareness of the value of design and establish design learning in the MSME
· Increase the competitiveness of local products and services through design.
· Applicability of project funding is to an individual MSME or a group of MSMEs coming together.
· A Design Company/ Academic Institutions will visit the unit and scrutinize all designs relevant fields & will suggest next steps to be taken.
· Project Proposal to be prepared and to be submitted to Design Clinic Centre for consideration.
· Mobilization and co-ordination workshop for MSME officials. Seminar / Workshops (including need assessment survey).
· Promotional Activities such as Orientation programme for stake holders, Study on Global Practices & Design Clinic Programme of other countries and National Level Workshop, etc.
· Implemented through National Institute of Design (DIPP Institution).
2.Brief major activities taken under the scheme the scheme is divided in two major parts:
1.Design Awareness- Seminars & Workshop Design Seminars: One day seminar covering design related topics to sensitize MSME’s about the usage of design in various facets of their industry. (GOI contribution Rs. 60,000/- per programme).
• Total time allocated for each workshop is 3 - 5 days.
• One day will be spent in visiting Cluster & understanding issues concerned with cluster. Thereafter there will be training on design clinic solution delivered by an expert or a group of experts in an interactive manner. (GOI contribution Rs. 3.75 lakh per programme).
ii. Design Projects – Professional Design Projects & Students Design Projects
To facilitate MSMEs to develop new Design strategies and or design related products and services through project interventions and consultancy. (GoI contribution @ 75% for micro, 60% for SMEs for the project range Rs. 15 lakh to Rs. 40 lakh.)
Students Design Projects:
Students in the final year under UG/PG programmes from institutions recognized by design clinic centre are eligible under this activities for the project work done for respective MSMEs. (GOI contribution @ 75% for the project cost of Rs. 2 lakh