ITSEC - Go Green
"Green Footprints for Happier Tomorrow"
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle
Go Green is a concept which stands for the efforts to establish environmentally sustainable practices in ITS Engineering College. Its goal is to diminish the impact of ecological footprints by implementing the principles of sustainability at every level of institutional functioning.
ITS Engineering College has undertaken a “Go Green” initiative seeking to take a holistic approach to campus sustainability. Its main focus is on reduction of carbon footprints, solid waste management, alternative energy resources, etc.
Go Green initiative by ITS Engineering College focuses on saving power by implementation of Solar Panel, conservation of water through Rain Water Harvesting, saving environment through E-waste Management, saving forests by Paper recycling, saving climate and environment by Food waste management, recycling the food with Vermin compost, reducing the carbon footprints by using e-vehicles, contributing in pollution free environment by plastic ban, saving cost by reusing containers and saving the climate from bio medical waste by recycling.
|Objective for having a Biomedical waste management system at ITS is to protect health, well-being and the environment by providing reasonable measures for—|
- minimising the consumption of natural resources;
- avoiding and minimising the generation of waste;
- reducing, re-using, recycling and recovering waste;
- treating and safely disposing of waste as a last resort;
- preventing pollution and ecological degradation;
- securing ecologically sustainable development while promoting justifiable economic and social
- promoting and ensuring the effective delivery of waste services;
- remediating land where contamination presents, or may present, a significant risk of harm to health or the
- achieving integrated waste management reporting and planning;
- to ensure that people are aware of the impact of waste on their health, well being and the environment
ITS Received Certification E-Waste Recycle, Govt. of India
Solar panels harness the sun's energy in the form of light and convert the energy into electricity. Although the average consumer might associate solar panels with residential rooftop assemblies, solar panels are available for a wide range of applications, including powering individual gadgets, electronic devices and vehicle batteries. Electricity is a great boon which transformed the human civilization from Stone Age to modern era. Generation of clean energy is a challenge to current society. Electricity generated from fossil fuels polluted our universe and also resulted in depletion of fossil fuels. It also led to global warming and green house effects. To overcome the above problems, we have installed solar panel in generation of green energy i.e. pollution free electricity.