Rules & Regulations
- Student’s performance for a particular semester will be evaluated through continuous class assessment and end semester examination.
- The continuous class assessment will be based upon class tests, assignments/tutorials, quizzes/viva-voce and attendance.
- The marks for continuous class assessment (Sessional marks) shall be awarded at the end of the semester.
- The end semester examination shall be comprised of written papers, practicals and viva-voce, course work in classes and laboratories, project work, design reports or by means of any combination of these methods.
- The distribution of marks for Sessional, end semester theory papers, practical’s and other examinations, seminar, project, industrial training and general proficiency shall be as prescribed by the University ordinance.
- The marks obtained in a subject shall consist of marks allotted in end semester theory paper, practical examination and Sessional work.
- The minimum pass marks in each theory subject (including Sessional marks) shall be 40% with a minimum of 30% marks in each theory paper in the end semester examination.
- If there is no provision of Sessional marks in any subject, the minimum pass marks in that subject shall be 30% in the end semester examination.
- The minimum pass marks in a project/practical subject (including Sessional marks if any) shall be 50%.
- A candidate, in order to pass, must secure 50% marks in the aggregate in a particular academic year inclusive of both semesters of the academic year subjected to conditions as clause 9.2(a).
- The minimum pass marks in Seminar, Industrial Training and Educational Tour, Viva-Voce etc. shall be 50%
Rules to be followed by Students during Internal Examination
No late entries will be entertained during the examination duration. All the students appearing for the examination have to report 10 minutes before the commencement of the examination (i.e. latest by 9:20 AM) in the examination hall.
Under very special condition a relaxation of 15 minutes can be provided after obtaining permission from the examination department.
Any student caught with mobiles during the examination duration will get the mobiles from their respective HODs after they submit a written application and the paper in which the mobile is caught will be considered as UFM Case.
No student will be permitted to leave the examination room before the scheduled time i.e. for morning shift not before 11:30 AM and for evening shift not before 4:00 PM.
Rules to be followed by Staff Members/Faculty Members during Internal Examination
- All the staff/faculty members should note that they should not permit any student in the internal examination room if he/she is not in proper uniform with Identity Card.
- No late entries should be entertained during the examination duration.
- All the staff/faculty members are to be strict and they have to be very sure that in any case no student should be permitted to appear for examination after 9:30 AM for the morning shift and after 2:00 PM for the evening shift.
- A student can be permitted only in that condition if he has obtained a signed application from the examination cell.
- UFM Cases and cases of students carrying mobiles during examination must be duly reported.
- All the staff/faculty members have to report sharply in examination cell positively by 9:05 AM (for morning shift) and by 1:35 PM (for evening shift) so that they can reach the examination room by 9:20 AM (for morning shift) and by 1:50 PM (for evening shift) definitely.